Wednesday 17 February 2010

Book tour USA

Arrived in Maryland to news of impending snow storm. We were bemused by school closure announcements, etc when there wasn't a cloud in the sky but right on time 28 inches of snow and a 30 hour power failure trapped us in my cousin's house for a couple of days. We had to cancel one event and hastily rearranged another. I met some wonderful people and sold 32 books. Most of all I enjoyed visiting with some of my family. Sadly, the snow kept us from seeing everyone.

We missed a day of skiing due to airport closure but still had a wonderful week in Winterpark, where I spent family holidays as a child.

In Arizona at the moment, soaking up glorious sunshine and helping my nephew make origami frogs. The talk I gave yesterday was well received and again I met some wonderful people and heard some heartbreaking stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment