Thursday 16 July 2009

The books have arrived!

Wednesday 15th July, 200 books arrived and now I'm in the book selling business.

On our way from Yorkshire to Helsinki, two weeks ago, I was invited to give a talk about my work at Slough Baptist Church to their Tuesday Break group (mainly parents of young children enjoying the playgroup and creche on offer). The response was good and they ordered 12 books so I'm off to a good start.

It turns out writing the book was only the beginning ~ I finished the first draft in four months! Four and a half years of redrafting later, as well as writing other things and learning the craft, the feedback began to sound like I might have something worthwhile. Then months of research into getting my manuscript into book form and here I am.

Plans for marketing include drumming up more speaking engagements, preparing for the big Northern Writers' Event with Adrian and Bridget Plass in September and writing articles for various magazines and newspapers. If anyone has anymore ideas out there, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment